A mascara brush, sometimes called a roller, is an essential tool in any cosmetic bag. Unfortunately, they quickly became disgusting. But worry not here we will show you some of the best ways through which you can clean Mascara with ease!
Wipe off excess Mascara before using the brush
Before applying Mascara, use paper towels to remove lumps. Take clean, dry toilet paper or facial tissues and clean them once or twice after pulling the Mascara out of the tube.
- After using the wand, wipe it down again—especially if you’re not storing it in your mascara tube.
- To loosen and eliminate clumps from your brush, you can purchase a simple tool called Clump Cleaner. This instrument consists of a little piece of plastic with various sized holes. To remove excess Mascara, choose a hole that is the same size as the brush and pull the bristles through the hole.
Use baby shampoo to clean bristles every 7 to 10 days
On delicate materials like wild boar hair, this approach is softer. Squeeze a little shampoo into your hands after dripping some water on the brush’s bristles. Knead the roller with your hands until it becomes foam, and then rinse it under running water.
- You can also buy specially formulated cosmetic brush cleaners or shampoos, but they can be a little pricey.
- Avoid using regular soap as it dries up the delicate bristles of the brush.
Use the hot water to remove stubborn clums
Try this method to keep the brush clean. If wiping and rinsing your mascara brush doesn’t get rid of all the debris, soak it for a few minutes. To disinfect the water, bring it to a boil and then wait a few minutes until it no longer boils. Allow 5 minutes for the brush to soak in hot water.
- When you’re done, rinse the brush with cold running water to wash off any residue still stuck to the bristles.
- If necessary, you can sprinkle a little rubbing alcohol after soaking and rinsing to disinfect the brush. However, if the brush has natural bristles, skip this step.
Lay the wand flat to dry
Allow the brush to completely dry before repurposing it. Place the brush on top of a towel on a level surface. Allow the tips of the bristles to dangle over the edges if feasible to allow air to circulate around the bristles. Do not leave the brush upright in a bowl to dry, as this will cause water to build up around the bristles.
- After washing or rinsing the stick to absorb the excess water, gently dry the stick with a clean towel to aid the drying process.
- If you don’t put the brush into the mascara tube, please put it into a clean makeup brush storage box when finished. Don’t let it touch an unclean brush.
These are some of the best ways through which you can clean the Mascara; make sure to follow all the methods mentioned above so that cleaning mascara will not be a problem for you anymore.